PLEASE NOTE: This document applies to v0.11 version and not to the latest release v0.14
Documentation for other releases can be found by using the version selector in the top right of any doc page.
Crossplane is an open source Kubernetes add-on that extends any cluster with
the ability to provision and manage cloud infrastructure, services, and
applications using kubectl, GitOps, or any tool that works with the Kubernetes
With Crossplane you can:
- Provision & manage cloud infrastructure with kubectl
- Install Crossplane to provision and manage cloud infrastructure and
services from any Kubernetes cluster.
- Provision infrastructure primitives from any provider (GCP, AWS,
Azure, Alibaba, on-prem) and use them alongside existing application
- Version, manage, and deploy with your favorite tools and workflows that
you’re using with your clusters today.
- Publish custom infrastructure resources for your applications to use
- Define, compose, and publish your own infrastructure resources with
declarative YAML, resulting in your own infrastructure CRDs being added to
the Kubernetes API for applications to use.
- Hide infrastructure complexity and include policy guardrails, so
applications can easily and safely consume the infrastructure they need,
using any tool that works with the Kubernetes API.
- Consume infrastructure resources alongside any Kubernetes application to
provision and manage the cloud services they need with Crossplane as an
add-on to any Kubernetes cluster.
- Deploy applications using a team-centric approach with OAM
- Define cloud native applications and the infrastructure they require with
the Open Application Model (OAM).
- Collaborate with a team-centric approach with a strong separation of
- Deploy application configurations from app delivery pipelines or GitOps
workflows, using the proven Kubernetes declarative model.
Separation of concerns is core to Crossplane’s approach to infrastructure and
application management, so team members can deliver value by focusing on what
they know best. Crossplane’s team-centric approach reflects individuals often
specializing in the following roles:
- Infrastructure Operators - provide infrastructure and services for apps
- Application Developers - build application components independent of
- Application Operators - compose, deploy, and run application
Install Crossplane into any Kubernetes cluster to get started.